Sunday, September 7, 2008

A week with Dad

As some of you know Corey has been working weekly in New Orleans. With it being hurricane season and Corey down in the action zone we have been paying close attention to the weather. Well this last week Corey got to stay in Atlanta because of Gustav. Oh, how happy I was and am to have spent more than 2 days with him. Well as of right now he is going back tomorrow morning, Monday, but we will be waiting and watching(Hurricane Ike) to see if he needs to quickly flee. Thankfully he and his colleague rent a car, so if they do have to leave they can on their own time frame.
Since Corey was home this week we got some projects done...well, ok we got the front yard in shape and I do have to say we have more curb appeal now. Thank you Honey! It's great to have a man in the house and to be able to cook for him.
The "little men" are doing great. Cole is really starting to come out of the tantrum toddler stage, which is fabulous when in public since he's as big as a 5 yr old. Kobie, this week finishes off his first quarter of the school year. WOW that has gone by fast. He has a 1/2 day on Friday for parent teacher conferences and that is great since I took off for Grandparents Day. Well not really, it's my birthday. It's kind of fun to have my birthday be on grandparents day. What a fun little piece of trivia, Grandparents day is on Sept 12. Well sorry about my tangent and getting back to Kobie. He has had a great school year thus far. He is quite the little studier and a great student. He has had 4 spelling tests and has aced all of them. I couldn't be happier, since spelling was not my strongest area in school.
I love being a mom and all the challenges and joys it brings. It is amazing even still how two little people from the same parents can be so different. They certainly do have their own spirits and I love each more than I thought possible.
This is what we do when Corey is home, crash on the couch.

1 comment:

Thompson Family said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I hope you have a great one.