Before I start about this week's excitement I just want to clarify on my last post. I included a video of what husbands should not say to their wives. Corey, if any of you are wondering, has NEVER said anything like this at all. He is a wonderful husband, father, and friend; I am grateful to have him in my life. : )
Now about the "jungle". I was cutting our grass this summer until about 6 weeks ago when I promised Corey that I wouldn't touch the lawn. He was just trying to be caring and didn't feel like his wife needed to do that. He was going to have one of the young men that he works with at church do it. But between kids being sick and the Barker adults being sick we hadn't lined anything up. The last time it was cut was when my sweet dad cut it when he was visiting from Las Vegas. I know that sound sad that dad did it on his vacation. Mom said that he was happy to do it and I greatly appreciated it. Anyway...I broke down yesterday morning and did it while Corey was at a church obligation. Here is a picture of the jungle that was growing at our house. You've got to love fertilizer and the rain. I have not watered our lawn this summer at all.
While mowing our "jungle" I came upon lots of bugs, one REALLY BIG and UGLY spider, and mushrooms. There was a mushroom that was at least a foot long. I took a picture of it with Cole so that you could see it in perspective.
So, three and a half hrs later we had a normal looking lawn. It was fun to get the little boys out helping. That is one of my challenges as a mothers, trying to teach them how to work and enjoy it. I've heard that a lazy mom does all the work, meaning instead of trying to teach your kids you do it all. I love being a mom and all of it's challenges. I told Corey this week that lately I've really enjoyed watching the kids and the way they play and how different they are from each other. I'll end with this...my two greatest accomplishments are being married to Corey and being a mom to two great little men.
No comments:
Post a Comment