Well, as some of you may know, a joyous event happened almost 2 months ago. I put in my resignation at the hospital(Piedmont, in down town Atlanta), which turned out to be a change in position. I went from a part-time sonographer to a PRN, which just means I work when needed and when it works for me. I also got a new job at the hospital here in Douglasville as a PRN sonographer. It is so nice to have a little bit of a change. I like both hospitals and each has it's own good points, but I do have to say it is so nice driving only about 15 mins to get to work as apposed to at least 45 mins. Since I was doing training at the new hospital our lives, mine, Kobie, and Cole's, have been busy and tiring. The last two weeks I worked everyday. Don't get me wrong I am grateful for the jobs that I have but it is hard going from two days to five days of work.
Well this week of Thanksgiving was very much anticipated because Kobie is out of school all week and Corey is home all week. It hasn't turned out quite the way I thought it should. It started with Cole coming down with a fever Friday night. We had plans to go out with friends on Saturday because it had been a while, for both Corey and I and our friends, since we had been out without kids. We canceled since Cole's fever still hadn't gone away. Long story short I took him to the ER late Sunday night, early Monday morning however you want to look at it. We just felt like we couldn't wait for the doctor's office to open anymore that's why we took that lovely trip. While there in the ER Cole got a chest x-ray and his blood drawn. I am very grateful that the nurse was so good. She did have another nurse there helping hold Cole down but she only had to stick him once. After she said that he did better than most men, oh and he had to watch like he did when he got stitches this summer. After they left and we were laying back down Cole said (and in the saddest voice), "I didn't want them to put a hole in my arm. To pinch me and put a hole in my arm." It was so cute and sad at the same time. After a few hours of waiting, because that is the game you play in the ER(I'm not being rude, it's just true) they came back and said he had a virus and we just had to wait it out. Don't you just love viruses. I think that day was the first time all weekend but I guess it was Monday then, that he acted like his normal self. Now we are just trying to get his nose to dry out. Last night because of his nose draining down the back of his throat he started coughing and couldn't stop. Which in turn lead to the revisit of dinner. Just a little piece of information, don't get a sick kid a hot dog or corn dog because they are not fun to clean up. I have had that sad misfortune twice. I am cured of wanting a dog for a while.
Another great piece of news we got last week is that Corey's last week traveling to New Orleans was last week, at least for a while. I am very grateful that Corey has a good job but I am very glad to have him home. I know that we will both have some adjusting for the first few weeks, he is not use to having noisy kids around or anyone for that matter. I have to get use to him staying up later than me, he is a night owl and I am not. I have joked with friends that while he was traveling I was a married single mom. I have to tell you there is no one who works harder than a single mom. I got a little taste of it and I have a new respect for them and military families. I have so much to be grateful for and am so blessed with great family and friends. Happy Thanksgiving.
4 comments:
Sounds like you guys have been busy! I'm glad Cole is feeling better, poor little guy! And, hooray for Corey being home. I'm sure it won't take long to get back into your "two-parent" routine! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your cute little family!
It was so fun to talk to you all last night. Thanks for remembering me and all the great advice you had. We are glad Cole is feeling better, and we can't wait to hear more about you now. We lvoe you tons.
You guys are too cute and it's so great to look at pictures. It makes it seem like you guys are closer than you really are. We love you all and hope to talk to you soon. Happy Holidays!!! Love Wendy
Glad Corey's home (and especially glad for us that he's riding the vanpool) and glad Cole's better!
Post a Comment