Set up went fine and we were on our way home about 3:00 or 3:30. Our Party was to start at 6:00 so we were going to be there at 5:30 to make sure we started on time. Oh, this was a combined ward activity, so the other ward in our building was helping out too.
We had a few hiccups but all in all it turned out really well. I ended up doing the cotton candy for our wards time slot, I think my helper forgot they were helping. If you haven't ever made cotton candy count yourself lucky. It wasn't that bad but boy does it get all over you. I had it in my hair, all over my arm and it got caught in my eyelashes. Now I understand why it tastes so good, it is a labor of love to make.
The boys had a great time. Thankfully while I was being covered with spun sugar Corey was there to help with the boys. He and his friend went to the Weezer and Angels and Airwaves concert that night. Yes, I was a little jealous since those are both good bands but there will always be next time.
The kids had a hard time deciding what they wanted to be for Halloween. Cole wanted he and me to be Cosmo and Wanda from Nickelodeon's Fairly Odd Parents. It is a little show about a kid with 2 fairy god parents. And yes you guessed it, Cole and I were the Fairies. We made the wings and wands and look pretty cute. Kobie finally decided, that day of the party, that he wanted to be Timmy Turner the kid that has the fairy god parents. So we went as a trio. When we got there Kobie was a little shy or embarassed by it because the kid wears a pink hat. Oh well, we all still had a great time. We were all very tired and exhausted when it was all over and we got home.
1 comment:
You guys were cute and the shindig was fun! Way to go!
Post a Comment