Monday, August 4, 2008

In the beginning...

I thought that this would be a good way for family and friends to keep us with our family, but I wanted to start from the beginning.
It all started on a beautiful, hot August morning in Las Vegas. Corey and I got married in August of 2000, it is hard to believe it has almost been eight years. Then in July of 2001 we welcomed our cute little, o.k. big, Kobie. For any of you that are counting no he was not a honeymoon baby.
After finishing school and working a little bit, I went to part time. And in December of 2004 we had our cute little Cole. At that time Corey was working on finishing his Associates at CCSN, Community College of Southern Nevada. He finished in May and then we had to decide where to go to school. We chose to come to Atlanta and go to Emory.
It has been a wonderful experience and adventure for all of us to be out here. We have come to depend on each other more. We have had many visitors (Mom & Dad Shupe, Mom & Dad Barker, Paul & Katherine, Uncle George) and welcome anyone who wants to come.
This summer Corey started on a project at work where he travels weekly. It was to be for 12 weeks but keeps getting extended. We are grateful that he has a great and steady job but we do miss him. The boys and I are doing ok for the amount that he is gone. Last night I was suffering from some insomnia and thought, "Oh I should start a blog, that will be a great outlet." This will be good for me to work on my lacking computer skills. Well I better go and make dinner for my little men.

2 comments:

Corey said...

What a wonderful wife I have... Just wanted to be the first to post on your new blog. I think you're wonderful! I miss you! I can't wait to see you in a few days. Thank you for making me so happy!

Gina Rochelle said...

Welcome to the blogging world! Yes, it is a good outlet. I started mine while Jamie was gone to keep my sanity!