Wednesday, September 28, 2011

California and Disneyland

For Memorial Day we decided to take the kids down to California for the weekend and we made a little stop at Disneyland. We didn't tell the kids till they came home from school, wahaha (that was my being sneaky laugh) and saw all the bags. We were a little worried it was going to be a long ride there because of a forest fire that California was having. The HP closed the major freeway going through Cajon Pass but it had opened back up by the time we got there. We were however escorted by an officer, well us and a bunch of other cars.

We stayed in Costa Mesa and the hotel was wonderful. On Saturday when we got to Disneyland we had to park in the remote parking lot due to the marathon that was going on that weekend. But it was not a problem at all, by the time we left the park most of the people parked by us had left. The park was open from 9 am to midnight that day and we were hard core and stayed the WHOLE time. Corey and I were a bit surprised that we were a little sore the next morning but I guess 15 hours of walking will do that to a body. All of us had a great time. Kai even rode on some rides. I would have to say the most memorable experience was when we all went on The Teacups. We all squeezed into one cup and Corey and the boys had that thing going very fast. Kai put both of his hands in the air and was yelling Woo Hoo! He loved it and the big boys loved it. The mom didn't love it so much. I was kind of "green" for a little while but recovered nicely.

Sunday night we ordered a movie in the hotel room. It was Cars 2 and it was super fun and cute. Kobie, Cole and Kai were glued to the TV. We have a great picture of Kobie laughing, his head is back with his mouth wide open. Unfortunately it is on Corey's phone and he is not home right now to email it to me. But I will post of the 3 glued to the tube.

Monday we went to the beach in the morning before we left to go home. It was overcast and very cold, needless to say Kai and I did not get in the water. Corey got out there long enough to take pictures of Kobie and Cole but Kobie and Cole had a wonderful time. As we were walking back to the car I noticed a family and I thought the husband looked familiar. As I looked again he recognized me and asked, "Is that a Shupe?" The family was the Allred family I babysat for them in Las Vegas as a child. They now live in Arizona but were visiting his sister. Mom and Dad thought that was fun when we told them. It really is a small world after all! : )

(Yet again I will have to post pictures separate. My email has not received them yet. Argh!)

1 comment:

Katherine Shupe said...

It sounds like "the happiest place on earth" was a tone of fun.